Illawarra Coal Holdings Pty Ltd undertakes to implement various environmental protection works in Wollongong, NSW

Illawarra Coal Holdings Pty Ltd (IC) has entered into an enforceable undertaking with the New South Wales Natural Resources Access Regulator (NRAR), following an investigation into the Dendrobium Coal Mine's modelled water usage, water management and water licencing arrangements.

NRAR alleged that IC did not hold surface water licences under the Water Management Act 2000 (the Act) to authorise incidental surface water taken as a result of carrying out operations at the Dendrobium Coal Mine. As a result, IC has agreed to implement various environmental protection works and activities at the mine in order to regularise its operations and ensure compliance with the Act.

Environmental protection works will include, amongst other things, payment of a financial contribution to a third party, or IC carrying out works to the sum of the financial contribution, to undertake environmental protection works.

IC has published this notice in accordance with the enforceable undertaking.

Contact Us

If you have further queries, please contact us below:

Phone 1800 102 210
Email illawarracommunity@south32.net